Get a Plan
Does your family know what to do in case of a flood, storm, fire or other disaster in your home or community? Sadly, many families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency happens, there is a great chance you will not all be in the same place. This is why creating a plan for your family is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis is here to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a designed to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Just download the Paul Davis Emergency Family Plan PDF file (link below) and fill out the sections in the document with your family’s information. Then, just save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email a copy to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
It is important for families to have a supply of water, food and other necessary items in case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis highly recommends preparing an “Emergency Ready Kit” and keeping it in an easily accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for at least three days
- Food – minimum three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make sure you are aware of disaster plans with your community, schools, employer, etc. Know where your closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Rehearse and review your plan with your family at least twice per year.
It is important to have a plan in place so your family will be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. Here at Paul Davis, we want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our community. Please download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by storm, fire, water, mold or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form